Saturday, November 17, 2012

Closer Look at the CMP 12/24 Solar Charge Controller

So I have been using my portable solar power system since I first posted about it and I am learning a lot more about solar along with more about charge controllers and batteries. The CMP 12/24 is a Chinese imported solar charge controller that you can get cheaply off of eBay. They claim it is a PWM controller but I have read that others say it is just an on-off controller and not much more. I know for a fact it does limit voltage out from your solar panels. It does not let 20 volts go directly into your battery but I am still learning how to tell what else it does electronically. Here is a closer look at the circuit board and components of the PWM controller. I took a lot of close up pictures of both sides of the circuit board.

CMP 12 Charge Controller

Bottom View CMP 12/24

CMP 12/24 Circuit Board View

CMP 12/24 Cicuit Board View-Top

CMP 12/24 Circuit Board View - Bottom

1 comment:

  1. Hi, being curious, how much is the retail price of those solar panel?
    Denton Solar installer

    ReplyDelete